Welcome to Diane's blog!

A new adventure, a new learning journey for us!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Module 1

Hi all.
I am a stage 1 teacher from Christ the King school who, along with many others, has embarked on this terrifying/edifying adventure in the world of Web 2.0.

I have discovered there's a whole new internet out there - a seemingly irreversible wave of 'many to many' communication. I find it overwhelming, yet exciting. I also feel a great responsibility towards the children we teach, for they will need these tools and many more for communication in tomorrow's world.

All the buzz words are what I hear my own twenties-something children use, (facebook, blogging, flick'r etc) and soon I'll actually know what they mean and how to use them. Although, I must admit, I had  inadvertantly added some google gadgets to my homepage on another account. But now I know I can repeat the process.

I had fun customizing my igoogle page, adding way too many gadgets! I'm not sure how I would use this facility in my class, but onwards and upwards towards the next step. Module 1 - Tick!

No comments:

Post a Comment