Welcome to Diane's blog!

A new adventure, a new learning journey for us!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Module 9

Scootle: I signed up to Scootle a while ago and promptly forgot about it. So when I looked at it again I was quite suprised - it has changed since I first saw it - very user friendly and so much more content. It's great!! I very quickly created several Learning Paths for topics I am doing in class right now, and found many more useful activities that I wish I had earlier in the year!

Second Life: This took ages to load and was cumbersome on my slow old laptop. However I can see educational applications for older grades as well as being a lot of fun. When I have some free time (lol) I would love to have a decent play with it.

Facebook: Finally I have begun to learn what the fuss is all about. So many people speak about Facebook. I'm actually quite amazed at how many people I know use it. I'm not sure about Facebook etiquette yet, or lingo for that matter, but I do feel it is a great way to stay connected and I've already found out things about my daughter that I didn't know. (It's OK, I'm her 'friend'.)

Twitter: I've always thought this sounded so useless or at the very least unnecessary, since Facebook seems to do the same thing. After viewing it, I haven't changed my mind. No-one I know uses Twitter anyway. But each to his own!

1 comment:

  1. Diane, just read your blog for Module 9 and I agree with you about Twitter,although it seems that politicians and actors find it a useful way to communicate with fans- maybe we don't have enough "the public"!!
    I guess it keeps you informed about the little things, although I think communication really begins with those who can see you facial expressions, eyes and hear your voice- not just read words on a page.
    Thanks heaps, Mary

    ReplyDelete